As part of my Liebster Award Nomination, I got to recommend three of my new favorite bloggers to be nominated as well! Check them out, and if you like them, sign up for the newsletters and follow them on social media. #support #empower #adventure
To the Nominees: See the Rules for the Liebster Award HERE. Your Q + A is listed below!
Adventures and Kindness
On her blog Adventures and Kindness, Emily writes about travel and self-improvement, empowering readers to seek adventures and create the fullest life. I absolutely LOVE Emily’s focus on kindness. I have a charm that hangs from my rear view mirror that says “kindness matters” as a daily reminder to choose each day to be kind. Way to go, Emily! Follow her on Facebook
Paper Airplane Blog
Chloe’s blog focuses on travel, food, culture, and adventure. One of my favorite things about Chloe’s blog is her wonderful, rich photography. As we all know, great photography can add so much to a blog, and Chloe hits it out of the park. I also love that she doesn’t just write journal entries about her travels, but uses her travel experience to craft thoughtful blogs that offer helpful advice to travelers. One of my favorites is “How to Win Friends and Influence People at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany.” Follow her on Facebook
There is nothing more adventurous than moving to a new country without knowing the language, and that’s exactly what Haisu did. She is an Asian-American living in Chile. One of the things I love the most about Haisu’s blog is that, despite being anxious about being so public about her stories, she writes because she is passionate about giving a voice to “people who look like her,” namely Asian travelers! #diversity Follow her on Facebook
Lost with Purpose
I’m always inspired by people who quit their jobs to travel the world, and Alex and Sebastiaan did just that. Visually, their blog is beautiful and has amazing photography. I like that you can browse by destination and that they include a section on travel information for the nitty gritty details. Alex and Sebastiaan also have great writing styles, and reading their stuff is just fun. Their unique voice makes them stand out above so many other bloggers. Follow them on Facebook
“Being the ‘outdoorsy’ type doesn’t mean… that you’re any less feminine.” I love Lauren’s concept for her blog because I consider myself a girly-girl who loves to push myself out of my comfort zone to do outdoorsy, adventurous, active things. Although she’s a single mom, Lauren still makes travel a priority, which I admire (and plan to do when I have kids some day)! Follow her on Facebook
My Questions for the Nominees
- When did you start your travel blog and why?
- How did your childhood, hometown, or upbringing affected or inspired your travel?
- I find one of the biggest challenges with being affected by wanderlust is being away from my family. Is this something you struggle with? If so, how do you cope and/or find the balance between traveling to new places and traveling home?
- How do you afford travel? What’s one of your tips for saving money for travel?
- I really love authentic travel experiences where you get to meet the locals and immerse yourself deeply in the culture of the region you’re visiting. What’s your favorite memory of a really authentic interaction with a local?
- What’s next on your bucket list?
- What’s your best travel advice for other travelers?
- What blog are you most proud of?
- If you could have a slumber party or poker party with 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose?
Looking forward to reading your answers, bloggers. Good luck!